Everyday Is Like Sunday; Only Silent and Gray in Kansas City

| | Comments (13)
mama.jpg

Remember the playoffs last year? Yeah, me neither. But for those of us who enjoyed the Division Series and NLCS on television last year, they were tuned to TBS, once known for showing Atlanta Braves games and reruns of Mama's Family. Well get ready, baseball fans and pick up those pitchforks, Vicki Lawrence fans, because baseball is coming back to TBS for twenty-six consecutive Sundays.

Chip Caray and (possibly) chubby bunny Tony Gwynn will be in the booth finding new ways to irritate baseball fans and people who blog about television presenters. Me? I haven't experienced enough Chip to get a full hate boner yet; I still reserve the lion's share of my antipathy for Tim McCarver.

So who's playing these Sunday afternoon affairs? Get ready for some fine matchups, such as:

• Sunday, April 6 1:00 p.m. Boston Red Sox @ Toronto Blue Jays
  • Sunday, April 13 1:30 p.m. Chicago Cubs @ Philadelphia Phillies
  • Sunday, April 20 1:30 p.m. LA Dodgers @ Atlanta Braves
  • Sunday, April 27 1:00 p.m. NY Yankees @ Cleveland Indians
  • Sunday, May 4 4:00 p.m. NY Mets @ Arizona Diamondbacks
  • Sunday, May 11 1:00 p.m. NY Yankees @ Detroit Tigers
  • Sunday, May 18 1:30 p.m. Milwaukee Brewers @ Boston Red Sox
  • Sunday, May 25 1:00 p.m. Seattle Mariners @ NY Yankees

"Oh, boo-friggin-hoo! There are too many Red Sox and Yankees game! Waa waa stop it with your East Coast bias!"

Hey, shut up, crazy person I just made up. MAYBE just maybe TBS wants to hedge its bets and show the two successful teams that have been basically splitting the American League championship belt over the past 12 seasons. What a crazy programming idea! Showing GOOD teams! Yes, we realize the Rockies were good last year, but they ate shit for 10 seasons prior. Fuck you, Rockies fans.

PREVIOUS: Torii Hunter Makes Rainbows Out Of Pure Sadness, And He's Paying Your Rent This Month   |   NEXT: Dale Murphy's Son Eats to Overcome Self-Loathing

13 Comments

Please don't make me listen to Jose Mota trying to talk like a white sideline reporter.

Needs more Ric Flair.

Ain't nothing wrong with Mama's Family...I think Alice was a staple for awhile too...

Well kiss mah grits!

I make up people all the time, too. My fiance said I need more friends. So I popped her and ordered a new one from Adam & Eve products.

Screw you TBS, since you dumped the Braves, they've moved on to the younger and hotter Peachtree TV.

Have fun flitting around town with your new floozies. I heard the Yankees have the clap.

Only two Sox games? That's sum bullshit right there.

A Morrissey reference, I didn't know you guys were so sensitive. I also think TBS should show more Yankee games so I don't have to listen to Mikey Kay on YES.

Bring. Back. Kaat.

Mrs. Garrett should have been on Mama's Family too.

I know a lot of people hate on Skip (or Chip or whatever the hell his name is) and Fatty Gwynn, and I don't have any problem with you hating whomever you want... BUT, I will take these guys over and over and OVER -- for many years, even -- before I will ever long for the days of our normal Sunday night baseball entertainment, Jon Miller and Joe Morgan.

It will take a lot to get my hatred level of them to the point where I miss Joe.

Right on about Kaat TSH

Oh man, a 4/20 Dodgers game? I just can't wait to inhale illegal cannabis and praise Russel Martin for being from space.

/hoping mom doesn't check WoW