Sometimes people write better than us. Each Tuesday and Thursday WoW gives you our favorite baseball links we've come across.
- Phil Birnbaum offered a bet against anyone who believed that there was some statistical evidence to the idea that you can predict 'clutch hitting'. He didn't get much of a response, probably because anyone who actually believes in 'clutch hitting' doesn't actually understand statistics enough to know it doesn't exist: Sabermetric Research
- Blue Jays blogger Stoeten actually liveblogged a sports talk radio show, and he actually kept score to see if the radio guy or the callers were being bigger idiots. I like this idea, except I would never listen to sports talk radio if you put a gun to my head: Drunk Jays Fans
- Our buddy 'duk catches wind of Wayne Gretzky wearing a Royals uniform, in some sort of sick exchange for the time George Brett went to a Phoenix Coyotes game. This makes no sense to me. It's as if they both lost the bet. No, there are no pictures of this, so if anyone finds one, tell 'em: Big League Stew
- Our old friend Kyle Blanks is rated as one of the top 100 prospects. Yeah, it's #93 but it's just an honor to be named: MLB Rumors
- Reds beat reporter John Fay spots Danny Graves in a Twins uniform. Yes, Danny Graves is back, in Twins form! Also, that is the least flattering picture of any beat writer in the history of beat writing, John. Who thought it was a good idea to take a full-length body shot and have it on every one of your blog posts? Thank God I've been reading your work in my Google Reader and the picture does not show up. Because yeah, you shore do write purty, but the photo? Do not want: Reds Insider
That's it for today, kiddies. Tomorrow, there will be a liveglog but I'll be damned if I'm waking up at 6AM to follow actual real live regular season baseball.