Sometimes people write better than us. Each Tuesday and Thursday WoW gives you our favorite baseball links we've come across.
- Our good friend Suss-- recaps a recent Tigers game by referencing those old Burma Shave signs that nobody my age has ever seen. The Big Tilde.
- Marlins fans are trying all sorts of math and mirrors to justify the team's hot start. Sabermetricians are trying all sorts of math and mirrors to discredit the team's hot start. Perhaps there is no reasonable explanation for the team's hot start. Except HGH. Fish Stripes.
- David Pinto links to a Bill Conlin column analyzing Ryan Howard's slow start. Conlin relates a story about how Branch Rickey got Duke Snider to stop swinging at garbage pitches, and then Bill eats a big sandwich. Baseball Musings.
- Forget the Marlins, Patrick Sullivan wants to know if the A's and the Rays can keep up their hot starts. Hint: yes, and unfortunately yes. Baseball Analysts.
- The Cubs are interested in Jim Edmonds. Oh boy. Goat Riders of the Apocalypse.
- Joe Posnanski published the entire Pat Jordan interview. JoeBlog
- Tom Mylan made his own prosciutto. Grocery Guy.