Sometimes people write better than us. Each Tuesday and Thursday WoW gives you our favorite baseball links we've come across.
- The Z-Meter follows the seasons of 25 prospects on their way through the minors and is named after former UVa standout and current Nat Ryan Zimmerman. Jay Bruce is about to break the goddamned Z-Meter. Bus Leagues Baseball.
- Joe Sheehan and Bil Burke use good, nerdy analysis to figure out why power is down in the American League this year. NOTE: IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH STEROIDS SO SHUT UP. Baseball Prospectus.
- The only slump in Philadelphia worse than Ryan Howard's hitting slump is D-mac's winless streak in the Rock Paper Scissors City League. In my opinion, he should throw rock and then just punch the other guy in the groin. Philadelphia Will Do.
- Dodgers beat writer Tony Jackson is a great read for 99 out of 100 blog posts, but when he relates an anecdote that has anything to do with the movie Love, Actually, it actually makes me zzzzzzzzzzzz. Inside the Dodgers.
- Scorcese dialogue or Josh Beckett postgame comment? Surviving Grady.