Sometimes people write better than us. Each Tuesday and Thursday WoW gives you our favorite baseball links we've come across.
- Answer Man (ne David Brown) scores a fantastic interview with the best pitcher not yet in the Hall of Fame, Bert Blyleven. My fantasy team is named Ocean's Blyleven. I love Bert. Big League Stew.
- Jamie Mottram seems to think that having a good closer is going to take the Orioles to the playoffs. It helps, but not as much as Daniel Cabrera actually having a pulse helps. Also, George Sherrill's hat brim thing is wild. Mr. Irrelevant.
- Sports journalists are lazy, says John Brattain, because they don't take the time to educate themselves about the topics they are writing about. Brattain points to the Barry Bonds hullabaloo to prove his point. Point taken, man. Hardball Times.
- Jay Jaffe gives the statistical lowdown for Mike Piazza's case for the HOF. Hit good no glove. Baseball Prospectus: Unfiltered.
- This word association game will rule your life. Funny Farm.