PREVIOUS: Alberta Griffey: The Walkoff Walk Interview
NEXT: Ed Wade Has About as Much Authority as a Taco Bell Manager
- 12:10, Rays at Marlins: Fresh off the heels of getting completely pantsed 15-3, the Marlins look to regain some of their dignity and avoid the schweep. They've lost 8 out of 12 overall and are lucky the rest of their division has been losing too. Matt Garza vs. Mark Hendrickson is your matchup.
- 1:05, Cardinals at Tigers: So the other day I said this Cardinals series could sort some stuff out in both Central divisions. Of course, it hasn't. Today's rubber match pits Todd Wellemeyer against bastion of mediocrity Nate Robertson. Wellemeyer has been on the DEEL for 2 weeks. So... that's something.
- 2:20, Orioles at Cubs: Jim Edmonds has hit 4 HRs in his last 4 games. According to the fellas at STATS, he's hitting .351 with a .432 OBP at Wrigley since signing with the Cubs. All the doubters (read: everyone) look kinda dumb right now. He looks to stay hot and the Cubs try to snatch some rubber. Rad Liz vs. Jason Marquis.
- 3:10, White Sox at Dodgers: Hey White Sox, you feel that warm sauerkraut breath on your neck? That the Twins and they're coming for you. Try not to blow it in today's rubber match out in lovely Chavez Ravine. Especially you, John Danks. You'll be squaring off against Young Clayton Kershaw.
- 3:35, Phillies at A's: Hey the Phils won last night! Their recent struggles have kept them from distancing themselves from the aforementioned Strugglin' Fish. If they want any rubber today they have to snatch it out of RIch Harden's cold Canadian hands. Adam "Alex P. K" Eaton gets the start for The Fightins. Hi Clare.
- 3:35, Twins at Padres: Hey Minny, you're closer to Ozzie Guillen than it looks. He's just tiny. The Twins have won 9 in a row and are merely 1 game back in the loss column. They've been doing it with great starting pitching. Last night they did it with the bats. They're firing on all cylinders and Ron Gardenhire is so excited that last night he drove his John Deere mower to the liquor store to get some Korbel. Scott Baker vs. Josh Banks, duders.