Sometimes people write better than us. Each Tuesday and Thursday WoW gives you our favorite baseball links we've come across.
- Joe Posnanski explodes the mythos behind the 1919 Chicago Black Sox incident and points to a Philadelphia newspaper in 1920 as the reason the scandal hit the big time. Read all the way through to see Joe's opinion on Shoeless Joe's hall-of-fame credentials. JoeBlog.
- Marc Hulet checks in on the rookie pitchers in both leagues. What, no love for Joba? Baseball Analysts.
- Ricky Nolasco is getting overworked. Good thing he's never been on the DL with a dead arm or anything. Oh.... FishStripes.
- Robinson Cano is made of magic. Vegas Watch.
- Padres pitcher Chris Young is still recovering from that baseball-to-face injury. Kid can't smell or taste the delicious fish tacos at Petco. Gaslamp Ball.
- Maury Brown assembles a veritable murderer's row of bloggers to report on the state of the game. Hey look! Friends of WoW Kevin Kaduk and Jonah Keri! Biz of Baseball.
- Video evidence of the torrential downpours at that R.E.M. concert I skipped. Idolator.