Hey kids. Check out your local purveyors of fine televised baseball this extended rivalry weekend and find out:
- WHICH American League East team won't lose ground to the streaking Rays, the Yankees or the Red Sox?
- CAN the Cardinals build on their good 22-17 record against their own division and make up a two-and-a-half game deficit as they host the Cubs?
- WILL Oakland's pitching staff carry the team when they head to Chicago for a four-game set with the red hot White Sox?
- MIGHT the Giants finally start winning some home games against the Dodgers and pull closer to the NL West 'leading' Diamondbacks?
- IF the Phillies sweep the Mets at Citizens Bank Park, will Matt Cerrone break another toe?
- DO you really think you can make it all weekend without reading this Will Carroll-recommended piece on Tim Lincecum in Sports Illustrated?
Then meet us back here on Monday morning for the answers to these questions and other questions you never thought of asking. Enjoy your Independence Day weekend!
Thanks again to Vernon Balanza for taking such great pictures of Lady Liberty