Sometimes people write better than us. Each Tuesday and Thursday WoW gives you our favorite baseball links we've come across.
- Adrian Gonzalez has way too much aw-shucks humility to compete in the Home Run Derby. Even worse, his kid brother and teammate Edgar won't be at Yankee Stadium to cheer on his big bro because he has to spend time with his wife. Gaslamp Ball.
- The gang at U.S.S. Mariner are kinda bored with the Mariners season so they decided to post odds for the Seattle GM search. What, no odds for Steve Phillips? U.S.S. Mariner.
- Fifth Outfielder gets their hands on a Ned Colletti interview and dissects it. Actually, 'tears Colletti a new asshole' would be a more apt metaphor. Fifth Outfielder.
- Nobody had as big a laugh about the Mariners using a backup catcher to pitch the 15th inning than this guy. I mean, NOBODY. Futon Report.
- Joe Sheehan analyzes the CC Sabathia trade and deems that it was a worthy one, even if the Brewers only improve by two or three wins. I agree, if only because Miller Park will see a 10% increase in attendance and a 85% increase in cheese fries consumption. Baseball Prospectus.
- Fun stuff to put in your garden: the undead. Boing Boing Gadgets.