Sometimes people write better than us. Each Tuesday and Thursday WoW gives you our favorite baseball links we've come across.
- With the Padres' season effectively over, the folks at Gaslamp Ball are undertaking the time-tested tradition of assembling a fictional All Star team using characters from baseball movies. Go vote for the chimp. Gaslamp Ball.
- Ken Mandel gets down to the nitty gritty reporting and finds out which Phillies pitchers are dropping the punctuation from their names. Hint: none. MLB.com.
- Wille the Groundskeeper is ticked off that his unobstructed view of the Capitol dome has been rendered partially-obstructed by a big red tent. I guess Nationals fans are finding new ways to not look at the Nationals lose ballgames. Half Street Blues.
- The folks at Cardinals Diaspora are grieving the possible end of Mark Mulder's career while reacting critically to the terrible two year option that St. Louis picked up on the guy. In the accompanying picture, it looks like he is turning into the Michelin Man. Cardinals Diaspora.
- Kurt puts his nose to the ol' grindstone and compares the pitching rotations of the National League contenders. What, no love for the Mets? GoatRiders of the Apocalypse.
- Julia Nunes covered R.E.M. with some funny-looking chick. YouTube.