Sometimes people write better than us. Each Tuesday and Thursday WoW gives you our favorite baseball links we've come across.
- Rich Lederer wants us to get excited about Rockies hurler Ubaldo Jimenez. I'm trying, Rich, but I think I used up all my excitement on Bert Blyleven. Baseball Analysts.
- Buzz Bissinger struggles with the concept of economics and would love to see the USA fall into a major depression, just so those fat cats get what's comin' to 'em. Squawking Baseball.
- Rinku and Dinesh have had some great celebrity run-ins while training in the USA, including having met 'the best pitcher in Major League'. No, not Charlie Sheen. They met Rendy (sic) Johnson! Million Dollar Arm Blog.
- Buck O'Neal? The copy editors in Kansas City must be on strike. Big League Stew.
- Goose Gossage hates hippies, hugging, holistic healing, and George Brett. Well, the last one's eminently hateable, so good for him. Machochip.
- Why pound cake is called pound cake. Cookthink.