PREVIOUS: Old White Guy Hands Off Giants to Other Old White Guy
NEXT: Playing The Percentages With Payroll
- 1:05, Blue Jays at Tigers: All of a sudden the Tigers are dead in the Wild Card race but the Blue Jays are alive. Wait, what? That's what three straight wins will do for our friends from Canada. Jesse Litsch will go for the four-game sweep while Armando Galarraga, the best pitcher in Detroit, will try to use his Galarraga Power to stop it all.
- 2:05, Giants at Astros: Another team is back in the hunt for the playoffs? When the hell did this happen? Weeks after we wrote them off, the 'Stros are back over .500 and trying for their own four-game sweep over the hapless Giants. It's Brian Moehler versus Kevin Correia if that's the sort of thing that interests you.
- 2:05, Royals at White Sox: Ozzie Guillen will have his MVP candidate outfielder Carlos Quentin back after missing two games with an ouchie on his arm. Jose Contreras' replacement in the Pale Hose rotation today is Lance Broadway who will try to jazz hands his way through the horrid Royals lineup, while Kyle Davies is just happy to be here.
- 3:05, Diamondbacks at Rockies: Cy Young candidate Danny Haren looks to take the rubber game for Arizona, who finds themselves tied with the Dodgers after yesterday's shortcomings. Glendon Rusch (4-0 in his last 6 starts) looks to continue his comeback to slight relevance for the Rox.
- 3:35, Rays at A's: Even without Carl Crawford and Evan Longoria, the Rays find ways to win. I think it's the fundamentals. Starter James Shields will do his best to help the Rays win their third series in Oakland of the last four.
- 3:35, Brewers at Padres: This one's a juicy matchup, despite the records. Ben Sheets and Jake Peavy fight it out for all the fish tacos.