Hey kids, there's more room in the back.
- WILL the Mets get out the Formula 405, clean up their bullpen, and make up some ground in the NL East as they host the Marlins? The Phillies are itching to make some moves against the Pirates, by the by.
- IF this whole Ian Kennedy thing ends up well, will the Yankees be able to get over the (temporary) loss of Joba? Jered Weaver has a say in Los Angeles late tonight.
- CAN Jon Lester keep the homer-happy White Sox from homering in homer-happy U.S. Cellular Field? His ground ball-to-fly ball ratio is vastly improved from last season, and is giving up just 0.60 ding-dongs per nine innings.
- WHEN will the Astros wake up and see they're not in the 2008 playoffs race? A bad series in Cincinnati would go a long way towards that realization.
- DID you enjoy our week writing Morning Juice at Big League Stew? We sure did, and so did those knucklehead Yahoo! commenters. Thanks, 'Duk!
That's it for us this week. Enjoy our friend Lloyd the Barber's great contributions to the weekendbaseballblogosphere, and we'll see you all again on Monday.
(Television photo stolen from If Charlie Parker Was a Gunslinger, There'd Be a Whole Lot of Dead Copycats)