Hey kids, get your dirty feet off the new sofa
- DO you realize how many big name pitchers are throwing tonight? Carlos Zambrano, Cliff Lee, Roy Halladay, Andy Pettitte, Brandon Webb, Frenchy Liriano, and Greg Maddux. That's a fun group.
- HOW bad does king of mediocrity Paul Byrd feel about not being in that list?
- CAN would-be contenders like the Phillies and the Yankees turn things around against bottom-feeders like the Padres and Royals? They better, or else face the indifference of rabid front-runner fans.
- DID you know the Astros and Diamondbacks have the same record? Well, they won't after their three-game weekend series is through, especially after Randy Johnson and Roy Oswalt face off on Sunday.
- WHAT will this fat slob be named when it's all said and done? My vote is for "Manuel the Undocumented Marmot"
- THINK Richie Sexson will wear a Yankees hat when he is inducted into the hall of fame? He was sent packing today while Melky Cabrera was shipped off to Scranton to get his shit together.
- WILL I ever glog a Yankee game again? Heck no. It's impossible to even attempt to be rational when your favorite team is losing.
That's a wrap on another fun week of bloggin' and commentin'. Thanks for reading our sentences and making great jokes at our expense. Please watch baseball this weekend, whether you peep it on TV or hop in your sexy car to head for your local ballpark, and please read the work of our weekend editor and friend Lloyd the Barber. He'll be here Saturday and Sunday to keep us all updated on nearly every game.
(Roy Halladay photo courtesy of Kevin Ward)