Sometimes people write better than us. Each Tuesday and Thursday WoW gives you our favorite baseball links we've come across.
- Doug Glanville reflects on his big league debut and ponders the idea of 'arriving'. His minor league manager seems like a real peach! NY Times.
- Phony Gwynn chooses which teams he'll latch onto now that his Padres have been eliminated from the 2008, 2009, and 2010 playoffs. Really, Phony? The Rays? Sigh. And Here Come the Pretzels.
- Jeff Passan reflects on the tenth anniversary of the Summer of McGwire and Sosa. Shame on all the other sportswriters out there who produced sappy story after sappy story in '98 and yet now claim they knew what was going on all along. Yahoo! Sports.
- Rinku and Dinesh have a chilled-out day eating burgers and watching Predator with JB sir's sister. The Million Dollar Arm Blog
- Thoughts and prayers to Reds beat blogger John Fay who underwent an angioplasty last week. Yeah, covering Dusty Baker will give ANYONE a heart attack. Cincinnati Enquirer
- Put rocks in your drinks. Real rocks. Zing. Boing Boing Gadgets.