Sometimes people write better than us. Each Tuesday and Thursday WoW gives you our favorite baseball links we've come across.
- The Oakland Athletics are seeking a new mascot for the 2009 season. What is it exactly that Stomper the Elephant does at A's games that would require applicants to submit a cover letter for this position? Deadspin.
- Tom Tango gets down to the nitty-gritty and figgers out that Baseball Prospectus' PECOTA projections did better at predicting MLB teams' records than any other source. A generic 81-81 prediction outscored every single major media member. Inside the Book.
- Joe Posnanski compares Sarah Palin to Dustin Pedroia. Not because they're both scrappy underdogs that appeal to the Average Joe, but because they both manage to irritate the crap outta me. JoeBlog.
- Roger Ebert enters Carl Everett territory and denounces actual science in favor of ridiculous Biblical nonsense. A lifetime's worth of idolizing Mr. Ebert just went into the shitter. (EDIT: He zinged us good.) RogerEbert.com.
- Jay Jaffe pens the damning-est criticism of the Yankees relocation across the street. If you are not a subscriber to Baseball Prospectus, now is the time to sign up. Baseball Prospectus.
- Nick Friedell tracks down Rays super-fan Dick Vitale and snags an interview. Dick estimates he's spent $250,000 on Rays tickets in ten years, or about the equivalent of what the Rays are losing every game by their miserable fanbase. Big League Stew.
- Another reason girls are dumb. Cake Wrecks.
- Rinku and Dinesh ate a huge salmon and almost lost $57. The Million Dollar Arm Blog.
- WHO'S CLOONEY? Walkoff Walk.