Sometimes people write better than us. Each Tuesday and Thursday WoW gives you our favorite baseball links we've come across.
- Geoff Decker awards ESPN's Keith Law with the prognostication award for picking four of the six division winners correctly. Mike Greenberg brings up the rear. Zing! Where I Stand.
- Doug Glanville pens a letter to Padres rookie Will Venable. Letter gets misplaced and ends up published in major newspaper. News at 11. New York Times.
- Some background on the Albuquerque Isotopes and the fellas who created the mascot name back in 1990 for the Simpsons. L.A. Daily News.
- Vegas Watch interviews MGM Mirage's sportsbook guy and learns that the casino will lose their shirts if the Rays win it all. In other words, don't count on the Rays to win. Vegas Watch.
- The New York Sun is folding. The entire organization, not just the actual newsprint on paper product they put out. All newspapers fold. Here's one last huzzah. New York Sun.
- Nuns gone wild. If Charlie Parker Was a Gunslinger, There'd Be a Whole Lot of Copycats.