Hey kids, have it your weigh.
- CAN Tampa Bay recover from last night's bullpen collapse and get back on message against the Twinkies? A win tonight and losses by Chicago, New York, and Toronto will clinch at least a Wild Card spot for their first time ever.
- WILL Brett Myers get his record back to .500 and lead the Phils to a win over the streaking Marlins? Josh Johnson is 5-1 with a 3.30 ERA, so watch out now.
- DO the Red Sox have enough gumption to take on both A.J. Burnett and Roy Halladay this weekend? They better not feel too complacent because neither the Blue Jays nor the Yankees are officially eliminated.
- WE got any meet back there? I'm starving.
- DID you know that the Padres and Nationals have equally horrendous 58-95 records? They meet this weekend in Warshington to decide once and for all who gets to give wet willies and purple nurples to the Mariners.
- COULD the Royals play spoilers? Nah.
- ARE you gonna watch the Yankees game on Sunday night? I'll be there with bells on, touring the field.
Welp, that wraps up another week at Walkoff Walk. Thanks for reading, thanks for commenting, and thanks for promising to come around and visit our cousin Lloyd the Barber this weekend. He'll entertain you this weekend with recaps, previews, and potpourri. Enjoy the penultimate weekend of the regular season!
(We stole that photo from Flubby's The Sugar Sheet)