Sometimes people write better than us. Each Tuesday and Thursday WoW gives you our favorite baseball links we've come across.
- San Francisco Supervisor Michela Alioto-Pier wants organizers of the SF Italian American parade to nix Tommy Lasorda as grand marshal. Not because he used to manage the Dodgers, but because he ate all the zeppoles last year. San Fran Chronicle.
- A San Diego Padres cake, and it's lovely enough to avoid being called a Cake Wreck. Still, it probably tastes like Brian Giles' taint. Gaslamp Ball.
- The hamburger fatty melt is a hamburger served between two grilled cheese sandwiches. Baseball beat writers everywhere are salivating. A Hamburger Today.
- Billy the Marlin didn't make the Mascot Hall of Fame despite enormous support from the fans. Somehow, he lost out to Rocky, the Denver Nuggets mascot, and Slider, of the Cleveland Indians, whoever they are. Fish Stripes.
- Mike Piazza will be part of an expert roundtable on VH1's new "That Metal Show" show tomorrow night. It's like a combination of "Your Show of Shows", "Headbangers Ball" and "Antiques Roadshow". Mets Blog sponsored by GEICO.
- Not everyone is supportive of Brian Cashman returning to the Yankees. Squawking Baseball.
- Cubs fans are creating a shrine to their team's futility. Chicago Sun Times.
- Monkey waiters! Boing Boing.