Sometimes people write better than us. Each Tuesday and Thursday WoW gives you our favorite baseball links we've come across.
- Rinku and Dinesh are less than a month away from official tryouts. For what, I'm not sure, but I just got super excited and tense thinking that these two could make it in this foreign land! JB Sir will be so proud. The Million Dollar Arm Blog.
- Buy your Padres dirt. Only $25, and half of that goes to the Keep Brian Giles Orange Fund. Gaslamp Ball.
- The Mets are interested in Eric Gagne for their bullpen in 2009. Not to sweep up sunflower seeds in the bullpen, mind you, but to actually pitch. Mets Blog Sponsored by GEICO.
- Chris Chase gets to the bottom of all those douchebag necklaces all the douchebag baseball players have been wearing. The person responsible for bringing this trend back to the U.S. from Japan? Randy Johnson. Big League Stew.
- The Mets sold out all their luxury suites but probably because they were mistakenly at discount prices, admits Dave Howard, the Mets' executive vice president of business operations. Squawking Baseball.
- In honor of Columbus Day, Hugging Harold Reynolds lists the best dagos in baseball, past and present. It's a Wop Listicle! Hugging Harold Reynolds.
- If you haven't seen the movie trailers for Oliver Stone's W yet, go now. The movie will probably suck but these trailers should win Oscars. Apple.com.