Sometimes people write better than us. Each Tuesday and Thursday WoW gives you our favorite baseball links we've come across.
- NJIT professor Bruce Bukiet used a computer model to figure out who should win the MVP and Cy Young awards. There was a bug in the system because Corey Patterson won Executive of the Year for the Pacific Coast League. BBTF Newsblog.
- Tom Tango challenges all the baseball nerds out there (including Nate Silver) to put their forecasting systems up to a challenge. CTC and I are going to enter with our purely mathematical system of choosing players based on musical preference. The Book Blog.
- Phillies beat writers have been eating their pre-game meals in abject filth and disgusting conditions at Citizens Bank Park. Philadelphia Will Do.
- Kulp wants Phillies fans to hire Yankees fans so they can learn how to celebrate like real assholes. Hey Kulp, I'll cram some fireworks down your throat and stick an M-80 up your ass. How's that for a celebration? The 700 Level.
- Jonah Keri writes an elegy to Jason Varitek's bat. Cheer up, Red Sox fans, that unlucky Expos fan Keri just reversed the jinx; Tek's totally hitting a tater tonight. ESPN Page 2.
- Grant gets to the bottom of those Delmon Young-to-the-Giants rumors. McCovey Chronicles.
- Hey Red Sox players, come packed tonight. Big League Stew.
- Join the Angels Strike Force! Folks with an aversion to monkeys or dago managers need not apply. Teamwork Online.
- Rinku and Dinesh are totally watching the playoffs with us. Check out that hot flat screen. The Million Dollar Arm Blog.