Why the dutch oven? Because the term 'hot stove' needs to be retired. This feature will attempt to give you a listicle-driven source for all sorts of off-season baseball rumors. If you have any suggestions, rumors, or recipes that I can cook in my dutch oven, email us
- Orioles Targeting Un-Tejada-like Shortstop in Trade Market: Jack Wilson, Khalil Greene, and J.J. Hardy are among the mediocre shortstops sought by Balty-more G.M. Andy MacPhail. Other wishlist items for Andy: starting pitching, first baseman, leftfielder, bullpen help, and new ownership.
- A.J. Burnett Delays the Inevitable: Burnett and his agent are throwing J.P. Ricciardi a bone, putting off opting out of his contract for a few days and giving the Blue Jays a last gasp chance to retain the pitcher before he settles down in Boston. Ricciardi has already settled for the low-cost Canadian-born version of Burnett: Adam Loewen!
- Rays Named MLB Organization of the Year: See what happens when you renounce the devil, kids?
- Miguel Olivo Fears Success, Stays in Kansas City: Sorry, Tigers, Red Sox, Blue Jays, Astros, and Padres. You'll need to look somewhere else to find a serviceable catcher. I hear Chris Widger is available!
- Theo Epstein Got Paid: And he didn't need to don a gorilla suit to do it this time.
- Cliff Floyd Needs Work: The American League Champion Rays jettisoned some extra baggage, pushing Cliff Floyd and his $2.75 million option off the side of the cruise ship. When questioned by the porter, the Rays pretended that the splashing sound was a herd of frolicking sea lions, then walked away whistling.