Why the dutch oven? Because the term 'hot stove' needs to be retired. This feature will attempt to give you a listicle-driven source for all sorts of off-season baseball rumors. If you have any suggestions, rumors, or recipes that I can cook in my dutch oven, email us
- Sabathia Spurns Some Suitors, Signs for Six with Snew York Snankees: Joel Sherman of the New York Post is going out on a limb with this one, reporting that CC Sabathia has finally been persuaded to become a Yankee. After GM Brian Cashman jetted out to the coast to talk face-to-face with Sabathia for the third straight day, CC finally relented and decided to take the tens upon tens of millions of dollars the team was throwing in his general direction.
- Ryan Freel and Farney Take Their Lunatic Show to Balty-more: The Reds and Orioles consummated a trade that will send utility outfielder Ryan Freel to the O's in exchange for catcher Ramon Hernandez. No telling as to whether Freel's imaginary friend Farney prefers crab cakes over Skyline chili.
- Phillies Reward Uncle Cholly With Contract Extension, Enormous Brisket Sandwich: World Series champion manager Charlie Manuel can now count on job security through the 2011 season. By that point, the Mets will have gone through approximately 6 managers, twelve closers, and about 38 different actors playing Mr. Met.
- Jeanne Zelasko Gets Shitcanned: ESPN reports that FOX is going to drop their shitty pregame show next year and most likely dismiss Jeanne Zelasko and dumb Kevin Kennedy. First Joe Morgan gets the pink slip and now Zelasko? Damn, I must have been a good boy this year!
- Indians Close to Signing Kerry Wood: This cannot end well.