Why the dutch oven? Because the term 'hot stove' needs to be retired. This feature will attempt to give you a listicle-driven source for all sorts of off-season baseball rumors. If you have any suggestions, rumors, or recipes that I can cook in my dutch oven, email us
- Padres Fans Breathe Sigh of Relief, Offer Solace to Cardinals Fans: Happy to have Khalil Greene off their hands, fans of the ol' San Diego Padres have gladly provided a user's manual for the shortstop to his new team, the St. Louis Cardinals. Par exemple: "2a. In addition, do not stare at KhalilBot 5000 for more than six seconds, even though its gaze can by cryptically hypnotic.".
- Mariners Double Down on 2013 Season, Push Putz Chip to Middle of Table: Remember when I said the Mariners could compete in 2009 with the addition of one or two big bats? Nevermind. New Seattle G.M. Jack Zduriencik is putting closer J.J. Putz on the trading block looking for some prospects; Omar Minaya's ears immediately perked up until he realized he has no prospects.
- Yankees Giving Pettitte the High Hard One: Andy Pettitte made $16 million in 2008. The Yankees decided not to offer the guy arbitration and are now offering him $10 million for 2009. This is a 38% pay cut. Andy Pettitte and his agent are not pleased. Andy Pettitte's biggest fan (i.e. me) is not pleased.
- Manny Might Make Many Monies Even If Only For One Year: Buster Olney reports that Manny Ramirez and super agent Scott Boras are finding few satisfactory offers on the free agent market and that they might just take the Dodgers' arbitration offer. Sure, that might be a tidy $30 million for one year of work, but it ain't the four years and $100 million that Manny deserves.
- Rinku and Dinesh Enjoy American Thanksgiving Festival: Although he might be bewildered as to why Americans were "stuffing their heads" with food last Thursday, Rinku sure enjoyed the sweet potato pie. GAZAB!