Why the dutch oven? Because the term 'hot stove' needs to be retired. This feature will attempt to give you a listicle-driven source for all sorts of off-season baseball rumors. If you have any suggestions, rumors, or recipes that I can cook in my dutch oven, email us
- Provisional Rosters For WBC Announced; Corey Patterson Mysteriously Left Off: Each of the 16 countries participating in this winter's WBC named 45 members of their provisional roster, which will be whittled down to a 28-man roster come gametime. Still waiting to see which team Gaylord Perry will pitch for.
- Red Sox and Orioles Swap Pitchers Who May One Day Bring Regrets: The Sox sent David Pauley to Balty-more in exchange for Randor Bierd. One day, one of these teams may regret the trade, but I doubt it will be Boston.
- Tad Iguchi Chooses Japan: Second baseman Tadahito Iguchi has made his decision and will spend 2009 as a member of the Chiba Lotte Marines. Slow news day, people.
- Reed Johnson Has the Beard of an Old Timey Prospector: He looks like he should be playing jews harp for the Fleet Foxes.
- Your Tuesday List of Players Who Will Not Face the Arbitration Board: Braves closer Mike Gonzalez. Rockies reliever Huston Street. Dodgers OF Jason Repko. Sassy senior Jorge Cantu. White Sox closer Bobby Jenks. Cardinals OF Chris Duncan. Mets reliever Duaner Sanchez. And ugh...the Marlins male Manatees.