Why the dutch oven? Because the term 'hot stove' needs to be retired. This feature will attempt to give you a listicle-driven source for all sorts of off-season baseball rumors. If you have any suggestions, rumors, or recipes that I can cook in my dutch oven, email us
- Orioles Move on Up, Finally Get a Piece of the Pie: Baltimore has allegedly completed a trade with the Cubs, sending pitcher Garrett Olson to Chicargo in exchange for speedy outfielder Felix Pie. This makes so much sense because the O's really were lacking in outfield depth and have such strong starting pitching. END SARCASM.
- Cole Hamels Somehow Makes Less Dough than Adam Eaton: The Phillies avoided arbitration with WORLD SERIES HERO Cole Hamels, signing him to a three-year, $20.5 million deal, about $4 million less than the three year deal they signed Adam Eaton to a few years ago. WoW reader Dmac also shares this newsy item about Hamels' latest real estate transaction. Sexy view! (His wife, not the condo)
- Local Blogger Exploits Statistics, Proves Derek Jeter Is Bad at Something: Despite his three straight Gold Gloves, everyone kinda knew that Derek Jeter was an overrated shortstop. Still, his arm is among the best in the game and his sure-handedness is tops in the American League. When he gets to balls, he makes the out. Now if he could only figure out a way to actually get to 'em.
- Mets Resign Themselves to Another Reclamation Project: Hey, if the Red Sox had been interested in Ben Sheets, the bloggers and beat writers would be saluting them for their frugal nature and brilliant assemblage of low-cost, high-risk, high-reward arms. But it's the Mets, so all you Ben Sheets fans out there can just go burn your jerseys now for warmth.
- Excitement Builds at Royals FanFest: Zzzzzz.