I would rather not post such slander and hearsay, but if any of this Robbie Alomar full blown AIDS lawsuit holds water, then it's a doozy of a story. The lowlights:
- Alomar was sick and refused to get an HIV test, he later ended up with full blown AIDS.
- His ex-girlfriend is suing him now
- Alomar told his girlfriend that "he was raped by two Mexican men after playing a ballgame in New Mexico or a Southwestern state when he was 17."
- Alomar had a yeast infection.
- After Alomar spit in the face of ump John Hirschbeck back in 1996, fellow umpire Al Clark said, "If I were John, I'd insist that Robbie Alomar take an AIDS test." AL CLARK: SOOTHSAYER.
- Reader Dmac thinks that perhaps Robbie Alomar was the "high profile gay New York ballplayer" that everyone else thought was Mike Piazza.
If this is too salacious for you, there's always Brian Giles' counter-suit against his ex-girlfriend that claims she drove drunk over his legs and stabbed him with her stiletto heels. Classy!
(picture taken from Flickr)