Hey kids, regret is insight that comes a day too late.
- WHO is Alex Rodriguez' mystery cousin who brought OTC medications in from the Dominican Republic and then injected Alex with an ouchie needle? Or really, who cares?
- DO you realize that the steroid Alex mentioned he took was called "boli", which is actually a roasted plantain in Nigeria? SOMEONE TELL ANDRUW JONES THAT PLANTAINS ARE STEROIDS!
- WHY didn't LoHud beat writer Peter Abraham get a question in when every other Yankees beat writer got one in? Is it possible that Yankees director of media relations Jason Zillo didn't see PeteAbe?
- IS the Griffey-to-Atlanta story just a bunch of hoo-hah? Junior is in full denial mode, maybe because he's waiting for the A-Rod mumbo-jumbo to die down a bit before his officialy press conference tomorrow.
- ARE 'hoo-hah' and 'mumbo-jumbo' in Webster's dictionary?
- DID you hear that Marlins manager Fredi Gonzalez was extended through 2011, Nate McLouth agreed to a multi-year deal with the Pirates, or that the Padres signed former A's outfielder Emil Brown? Of course not, today was A-Rod Sad Presser day.
That's it for today, kids. The Alex Rodriguez press conference is over and we're putting it to bed. Tomorrow, Kris will be back in action and maybe I'll continue my series on position battles across the major leagues. I can promise you this: we won't mention steroids again until Thursday at the earliest! Unless, of course, we're going to take down the entire Patriots dynasty.