Hey kids, must not all things at the last be swallowed up in death?
- WITH the Dodgers signing Orlando Hudson to play second base, and Blake DeWitt probably moving to third base, and Casey Blake probably moving to left field, does this mean Manny Ramirez just lost himself a job for 2009?
- HAVEN'T baseball players been juicing since the dawn of time? John Perricone knows the score, man.
- DID I put you to sleep this week with my droning position battles columns? There's one more division left to write up and it's a biggie.
- WERE you excited as I was to see the gallant return of Way Back Base Ball? I bet if everyone closes their eyes and claps really loudly, our pal D-Mac will keep doing these columns on a bi-weekly basis!
- WILL someone please buy this shirt for Mr. Liakos? And will someone else buy me this sleeping bag?
- CAN you save me the Pictures of Goats section?
That's the last time we run a picture of Shea Stadium's skeleton, I promise. In fact, let's look towards rebirth and growth and new beginnings, especially with our own Kris Liakos in sunny Florida right now. He's going to spend the next week tooling around in his white Lincoln from Port St. Lucie to Orlando to Fort Lauderdale to Pirate City and reporting on what he sees, hears, smells, and eats for Walkoff Walk. Blessed are we, indeed! Have a great weekend, folks.
(Shea's last gasp obtained on the up-and-up from Flickr user Swerz)