A quick peek around my Google reader (and our own website) shows lots of teams releasing final or near final looks at their rosters. There aren't many real surprises but still a handful of noteworthy moves from today and yesterday.
- The Rangers are facing Barry Zito today and using what Richard Durrett says could be used against lefties all season. Andruw Jones is indeed in the cleanup spot.
- The Yankees sent down all of their long relief candidates. The AAA rotation will start the season with Phil Hughes, Ian Kennedy, Kei Igawa and Alfredo Aceves. Is Johan still avaiable?
- The WFC cut Marcus Giles, Mike Koplove and Pablo Ozuna among others. Miguel Cairo is also looking like he is going to make the team.
- Mike McDougal made the White Sox, a surprise development, but Jerry Owens did not. This officially marks the beginning of the DeWayne Wise Watch.
- Vinny Chulk goes down, giving lefty Zach Johnson the last spot on the Indians staff.
- Alfredo Simon may lock up a spot in the beleaguered O's rotation. Most teams are trying to decide whether or not to carry 11 or 12 pitchers, the O's are trying to decide between 12 or 13.
- As expected Livan Hernandez is getting the Mets fifth spot. Sorry, Freddy Garcia.
- Bernie Madoff is getting his own trading card which I think means he's the Dodgers fifth starter.
What'd I miss? Anything still up for grabs?