Hey kids, fortune favors the bold.
- DON'T you think Petco Park's new five-foodstuffs-for-5-dollars deal beats the shit out of Subway's five dollar footlongs? Hot dog, peanuts, popcorn, cookie, and a soda all for just $5, or substitute a beer for the soda and it's $10.
- WILL you get to bed early enough tonight to wake up at 4:30AM EST and watch Japan's Yu Darvish take the mound in the opening game of the WBC? Japan takes on China (led by former Astros and Angels manager Terry Collins) at the Tokyo Dome.
- DO you envy new Nationals interim general manager Mike Rizzo? He's going to be the guy sitting behind the big desk and shuffling papers until Stan Kasten selects Jim Bowden's successor.
- WHO stole Billy Ripken's wallet? Steve Lyons thinks Lou Piniella was habla'ing some Espanol there and took the wallet.
- ARE you excited for Bob Dylan's sekrit new album featuring Los Lobos' own David Hidalgo on accordion?
That'll do for today, piggies. I'm not really waking up that early to watch the WBC but I will certainly be watching Team America vs Team Canadia on Saturday at 2PM on ESPN. Hopefully, Davey Johnson will keep J.J. Putz in the bullpen and off the mound.
(Jorge Posada and his borkened bat courtesy of picAndrew on Flickr)