Hey kids, nelle botti piccine ci sta il vino buono.
- ARE Damaso Marte and Robbie Cano just a couple of sore Dominican losers, or do their aches and pains spell bad news for the Yanks?
- AFTER Jhonny Peralta's wife was bitten by a scorpion while sleeping in a house they rented in Goodyear, Ariz, can you believe that Jhonny's first reaction was, "I don't like this." Really, Jhonny? You don't like it when your wife gets bitten by a CONSARNED SCORPION? Really?
- DID you know that the Mariners defense was actually above average last season? If they improved their defense markedly over the winter, maybe they'll only lose 90 games in 2009!
- HAVE you noticed that Kris is the official interviewer for baseball players here at Walkoff Walk, while I get all the requests to be interviewed? That's because I'm Clooney, while Kris Liakos is more like a geekier, Greekier Jimmy Fallon.
- HOW good a teacher is Mark McGwire? Just ask Matt Holliday.
Brush yourself off, the week is D-U-N done. The weekend awaits, and you should sup from its hearty soup bowl full of WBC games and sunny weather. Tomorrow at 1PM, the Dutch take on Venezuela and at 8PM, the United States plays Puerto Rico, with both games going down in Miami. Let's persuade Kris to head down to Dolphin Stadium tomorrow night with his trusty camera and snap some photographs of rabid Puerto Rican fans. Until next week, same WoW channel, I bid you adieu.
(Hall of Fame bat rack photo courtesy of Flickr user coba)