Yesterday, Giants closer Brian Wilson came into the ninth inning with a 4-1 lead to protect and promptly blew that lead up like it was toxic. He gave up a two-run tater tot to Justin Upton as part of a four-run Diamondback rally that eventually led to a San Fran loss. Bay City Ball breaks down Wilson's performance or lack thereof, but the true key to his blown save against the otherwise poor-hitting Diamondbacks can be found in Brian's assorted Twitter musings from the night before (read from the bottom up to get the full Brian Wilson experience):
From those 140-character-or-less microbloggings, I can assemble the following timeline for Brian Wilson's Saturday night out on the town of Scottsdale:
- 9:00 PM MST: Round up bros Nate "Nate Dogg" Schierholtz, Matt "Cain Dogg" Cain and Travis "Half Asian Dogg" Ishikawa to bro out with some doggs on the Scottsdale strip.
- 9:15PM MST: Bypass velvet rope line at Myst thanks to Matt Cain being 2008 face of the franchise.
- 9:25PM MST: Get recognized by only meatheads in Arizona who shave their biceps and follow the NL West.
- 10:00PM MST: Witness tussle between two twentysomething males hopped up on Red Bull/vodkas, comment to Nate Dogg how easily they could take the entire club if only Bengie (Molina) had showed up.
- 11:15PM MST: Totally own meathead with aptly chosen bon mot. High five Cain Dogg.
I have no comment on Bri Dogg's affinity for white mocha fraps and Reebok pumps.
(We owe a pallet of Cokes to Big League Stew's News 'n Notes)