Sometimes people write better than us. Each Tuesday and Thursday WoW gives you our favorite baseball links we've come across.
- Dave Allen puts together some fancy charts using some of that Pitch F/X data to verify Milton Bradley's claims that the umpires are purposely calling wide strikes against him in retaliation for Bradley's anti-ump comments. Bradley's hypothesis is shot down, but the data actually shows that Lou Piniella stole my wallet. Baseball Analysts.
- Ever want to see what a baseball beat writer's desk looked like up in one of them press boxes? WONDER NO MORE! Dejan Kovacevic snapped a picture of his cinnamon dolce latte and Cracker Jacks. PBC Blog.
- Right now, I'm reading Nine Lives: Death and Life in New Orleans by former New Yorker scribe Dan Baum, but as soon as I return that to the liberry, I'm picking up Death at the Ballpark, a comprehensive study of game-related fatalities, 1862-2007. Morbidly delicious! Can't Stop the Bleeding.
- Dave Cameron pimps out Russell Branyan, coming soon to a hitting-starved team near you. Full disclosure: I was at the Stadium the night Russ blasted his first ding-dong as a member of the Indians AND he's on my fantasy team. Fangraphs.
- Alexei Ramirez is getting sued for $20 million by Dominican talent scouts. I've seen the lawsuit and it holds no water. Seriously, I tried to use it to get a drink out of the courtroom water cooler and the whole thing disintegrated. Sportsress of Blogitude.
- The organizers of the National Spelling Bee decided to tart up the sample sentences this year with a bit of humour. Oh, those cards! DC Sports Bog.
- KEYBOARD GATO.