Hey kids, everything you can imagine is real.
- CAN CC Sabathia, Cliff Lee, and Cole Hamels finally start pitching like the aces they are supposed to be?
- OR is this the dawning of a new age of aces, like Chad Billingsley, James Shields, and Scott Richmond?
- WHO will come out on top in the NL Central after this weekend? The top four teams play each other and they all have winning records, even the Reds.
- WON'T you join me in praying for a swift recovery time for this poor, injured Panda?
- WILL this site still be standing when I get back from Spain in ten days?
Yep, I'm headed to Spain for a little vacation but Walkoff Walk will be thriving next week in my absence. First up, the weekend ahead, where Drew will make you swoon with his tidy game previews and recaps. Then on Monday and Tuesday, our pal Dan McQuade will grab the reins and entertain you. Finally, my life partner Kris returns on Wednesday to elevate the level of discourse on this here website to its classic dickjokery and affability. Same WoW channel.
I'll see you all again on Monday the 18th. Let's see how long I can go offline and not read email or check my RSS feeds or update my fantasy teams. I hope, by that point in time, no more of our favorite sluggers will get unwanted vacations, no more players slide headfirst into walls, and the Yankees offense has figured out how to drive in a man from third with fewer than two outs. Adios, chulos!
(Photo credit: dabasse on Flickr)