Sometimes people write better than us. Each Thursday WoW gives you our favorite baseball links we've come across. Today, a special collection of reactions to the Raul Ibanez steroid kerfuffle.
- Meech was the first to break the news (at least to me) with his attack on the blogger at Midwest Sports Fans who did the investigative post. It's some righteous indignation, certainly, but I wouldn't expect an ardent Phillies fan to react any other way. The Fightins.
- David Pinto responds to Ibanez' absolute denial of steroid use with his own rhetorical questions and takes umbrage at the generalization that all bloggers live in their parents' basements. It's true, Pinto has his own basement and sometimes blogs from Friendly's. Baseball Musings.
- John Perricone thinks Ibanez doth protesteth too much. Remember, Perricone is one of the staunchest Barry Bonds defenders around and doesn't sink to the level of the steroid-crazed media. He just wants Ibanez to get off his high horse. Only Baseball Matters.
- Joe Posnanski chimes in and defends both Raul Ibanez and the accusatory blogger Jerod Morris in the way that only Joe Posnanski can. Heck, I want to create my own blogging scandal just so Joe Posnanski gives me a shoutout. JoeBlog.
- Finally, Geoff Baker chides Morris (and pretty much every single blogger ever) for not having any journalistic integrity and failing to gird himself for the absolute sh**storm he created. Baker begins by recounting the time he was a cub reporter and got Tim Johnson fired from the Blue Jays. Integrity! Geoff Baker's Mariners Blog.