- WILL the universe collapse upon itself should Corey Patterson start in right field directly below Rob Iracane's feet when his Nationals limp into Yankee Stadium? As Rob said earlier, he's a better fit in center though Manny Acta may just start him at second base for kicks.
- COULD Cole Hamels suffer a similar fate to an infamous lanky lefty when he takes his turns against the Blue Jays? Cole's much better looking with more shine, body, and control to his hair.
- CAN Clayton Kershaw avoid walking Jack Cust twice in one at bat when he starts against the A's? If not, it will give FSN an early reason to show Kirk Gibson's home run. That's only if they opt against the split-screen loop discussed in their early-morning production meeting.
- PRECISELY how many bugs would have to eat their way out of your skin before you'd swear off tropical travel forever? I washed a bug down the drain in Thailand and it crawled back out. Canada's not so bad after all. (via Jezebel)
- IS there a chance Adam Wainwright and Justin Verlander will turn the Cards-Tigers tilt into a high-level womens softball game? I expect few runs but many exposed calves.
- IF Geoff Baker seriously thinks Griffey's willingness to tickle Ichiro is fueling the leadoff man's best season in years: is he the idiot or am I for taking the bait? King Felix tries to hand the Podpeople their lucky 13th straight interleague loss.
That'll about do it for today, kids. Let's all wish Kris a speedy return and excitedly wait for Interleague to be over for another year. Same WoW channel.
Photo of Iranian National Baseball team courtesy of the SF Gate