Hey kids, I still believe
- WILL Chris Carpenter's microscopic ERA hold up to the reinvigorated San Fran Giant offense? Seriously, Pablo Sandoval must be eating his spinach. Kid raised his OPS over 150 points in the month of June.
- CAN the first place Angels put more cushion between them and the faltering Rangers? Joe Saunders smells blood. He's like a bear.
- DOES Johan Santana have enough awesomeness in his magic pouch to right the Mets ship and steady their season? Remember, even a perfect game only counts as one win.
- WILL newly acquired utility player Eric Hinske really be in uniform tonight when the Yanks take on the Marinerds? If he makes it into the game in right field, I reserve the right to yell not-so-nice things at him.
- IS this Glastonbury collaboration between Bruce Springsteen and the Gaslight Anthem enough to satisfy your music thirst, sir?
Early end to the day again, kids. Headed out in the thunderstorms and rainclouds to watch my beloved Bombers take on the Beltre-less Mariners. Maybe I'll steal a media pass and go pants Geoff Baker in the press box. Until tomorrow, same WoW channel.
(Yankee Stadium marquee photo courtesy of Flickr user jdalton)