Hey kids, the fire won't start without a burning desire.
- CAN Oakland rookie Vin Mazzaro out-Lincecum Tim Lincecum tonight in the city by the bay? Vin's working on a 13 1/3 scoreless inning streak to start out his big league career and the soft-hitting Giants are exactly the kind of team to extend it.
- WILL the Rockies eight-game winning streak continue back at home against the Mariners? Seattle sends Jarrod Washburn up the dirt hill; he's winless since April 21st despite his 3.64 ERA over that span.
- DO you hate the Subway Series as much as I do? It seems to exist solely for the benefit of the FOX network and the piss-poor NYC tabloid papers.
- HOW glad is Danny Haren that his team gets to bat against the NL Central's worst team at preventing runs tonight? Haren leads the NL in ERA and yet only has a 4-4 record. Nice support, Eric Byrnes.
- IS that dirty Bonnaroo nonsense simulcast on the Internets anywhere? I want to watch Springsteen from the good ol' country comfort of my living room.
That'll just about cover this whirlwind week, folks. The College World Series (ping!) officially starts tomorrow in Omaha and some of those games are on national television if you want to avoid the New York nonsense. You'll be in good hands this weekend as our buddy Drew "LTB" Fairservice returns to guide you through the interleague morass. I'll be back Monday, all rested, same WoW channel.
("Out At Home" painting by Fletcher Cransom, courtesy of the Boston Public Library)