I wish I had some sort of amazing final thoughts on baseball to share with youse before my week is up, but... I don't. So instead I'm going to type up these Weekend Questions and head to the bar!
- DID you know the 1992 and 1993 Toronto Blue Jays World Series teams are reuniting this weekend? It's the big, um, 16-17 year anniversary.
- WHICH major league pitcher enjoys sabermetrics and pitch f/x? Oh, you all already knew it was Brian Bannister. I'm not so good at blind items.
- DID you read this link about baseball stories in the Weekly World News? You totally should.
- WHERE were you when you heard the news that longtime writer Hal McCoy will retire from covering the Reds for the Dayton Daily News after this year? I was at my computer, reading a blog.
- WHAT date did you have in your "When will Jason Giambi be released by the A's" pool? If you had 7 August 2009, you win!
Thanks to Rob for letting me do yeoman work this week, and thanks to all of you for commenting. I will be back reviewing baseball movies next week, something I do not need to get up early in the morning to do. Hooray!
2003 Phillies program scan by jjway2006; off the top of my head, the players pictured are (clockwise from bottom right): Todd Pratt, Tyler Houston, some dude (Nick Punto, perhaps?), Ricky Ledee, Jason Michaels and the Pie Man himself, Tomas Perez. Note: I could be wrong.