Hey kids, no surrender.
- WILL the Red Sox success at home be enough to keep them from getting embarrassed by the Yankees again this weekend? Sabathia/Beckett on Sunday.
- DO you miss the halcyon days of 2007-2008 when a late August Phils/Mets series had high drama and high stakes? Seems like only yesterday.
- WHAT will the NL Wild Card standings look like after the Rockies/Giants series?
- ARE you going to watch any of that televised Little League ball this weekend?
- ANY quibbles with Pfork's Top 500 Songs of the Decade?
- ANY chance Scott Spezio makes it back to the bigs? Stranger things have happened I suppose, and baseball IS looking for a new redemption story since Josh Hamilton did those Jaegerbombs.
Birthday shoutout to John Wetteland, pictured above with his wife. Oh, ZING.
End of the week. Waning weeks of summer (though you can't tell from the heat). Grab your honey and go fool around at the beach. Drew will be here all weekend to help you get the sand out of your crevices. Same WoW Channel.