Sometimes people write better than us. Each Thursday WoW gives you our favorite baseball links we've come across.
- Our pals Rinku and Dinesh are raising money to send home to their families in India by selling autographed baseballs and signed glossy photos. Just buy two $50 baseballs and you can buy Rinku's dad an entire new fleet of trucks. Million Dollar Arm Blog.
- There is a Yankees fan blog devoted to the hilarious and cringe-worthy radio calls of Mr. John Sterling. The YouTube videos contained within are must-see-TV. Beyond the Box Score.
- On the heels of Prince Fielder becoming the single-season RBI and walk king in Milwaukee, our new pal Larry posted the comprehensive list of franchise records set in 2009 or on the verge of being set. Naturally, the only Mets record set this year was for "combined team melancholy". Wezen-ball.
- Doug Glanville dismisses on-base percentage as a useful statistic for evaluating leadoff hitters and then Rob Neyer points out Glanville's career OBP of .315 and then Rob Iracane includes it in his silly Thursday linkdump. Rob Neyer's Sweet Spot.
- Joe Posnanski did a live-chat-commenty-type-thinger at Deadspin. It was great. You missed it. Deadspin.
- Eric Ripert has a smoked salmon & caviar dish on his menu that looks like a cooter. My hilarious Twitter feed.