Hey kids, you live and learn. At any rate, you live.
- HAVE you already counted the Braves out of the Oktoberfest chase? Shame on you, they've picked up 4 games on Colorado in the past 10; no reason they can't make up 4 more in the next and final ten, seven of which are against the Nats.
- HOW hard will the Cardinals try this weekend against the aforementioned Rockies? They're only one win away from locking up the NL Central but since they're tied with the Phillies, they have a fighting chance at home field advantage in the first round.
- COULD Phillies rookie stud J.A. Jay-Jay Happ take over closing duties in the playoffs? As long as Lidge tells him where to find Satan so he can sell his soul, sure, why not?
- WHAT on the good green Earth is a Pocket Crayon Washing Machine?
- DID you know that today is the 35th anniversary of the first Tommy John surgery? I hope you got me a Hallmark card.
I'm headed out to Yankee Stadium to see the big pitching matchup of Jon Lester and
CC Sabathia, truly an occasion of Walkoff Walk kismet because of my bet with Catshirt. Of course, Joe Girardi had to mess with the Yankees rotation and push Sabathia back a day which means I'm stuck witnessing a Joba Chamberlain start in person for the sixth time this year.
The bet still stands, even though Sabathia's turn won't come until tomorrow. In ERA+, Lester leads 142 to 135; with a bad start by the Sox ace tonight in a pitchers park, I'll have a fighting chance.
Enjoy your weekend, all, and get excited to see some Weekend Daddy Drew Fairservice brilliance and some more Oktoberfest playoff posts. Speaking of which, if anyone out there is an Angels fan or knows an Angels fan, lemme know. See you Monday, same WoW channel.
(video via mnftiu.cc)