Without too much pomp or circumstance, let's jump headfirst into some poorly-formed playoff predictions that have little basis in reality, because in a short series ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN. It's true, even the Royals once won a World Series. Yeah, crazy thought, right?
Dan "Dmac" McQuade:
- LDS: Red Sox over Angels in 3, Yankees over Twins in 4, Phillies over Rockies in 3, Dodgers over Cardinals in 5
- LCS: Yankees over Red Sox in 5, Phillies over Dodgers in 6
- WFS: Phillies over Yankees in 7
Drew "LtB" Fairservice:
- LDS: Angels over Red Sox, Yankees over Twins, Philies over Rockies, Cards over Dodgers
- LCS: Yankees over Angels, Phillies over Cardinals
- WFS: Phillies over Yankees
Kris "Catshirt" Liakos:
- LDS: Red Sox over Angels in 5, Yankees over Twins in 5, Rockies over Phillies in 3, Cardinals over Dodgers in 3
- LCS: Red Sox over Yankees in 6, Cardinals over Rockies in 4
- WFS: Red Sox over Cardinals in 4
Rob "Fruitbat" Iracane:
- LDS: Red Sox over Angels, Yankees over Twins, Rockies over Phillies, Cardinals over Dodgers
- LCS: Yankees over Red Sox, Cardinals over Rockies
- WFS: Yankees over Cardinals
So that's two Phillies over Yankees picks in the World Series, one Red Sox over Cardinals, and one Yankees over Cardinals. Funny, the two of us who didn't pick the Phillies to win the World Series think they'll lose to the Rockies anyway.
I stand by my prediction that the Tigers would have won the World Series had they beaten the Twins last night. Such is the evil curse of the Metrodome, I suppose.
Feel free to add your own predictions in the comment section, or just harass us for our wacky choices.