PREVIOUS: Ernie Harwell, Voice of the Tigers and True Baseball Legend, Passes
NEXT: Tom Hicks' Debt Becomes Key Player In AL West Race
- Blue Jays at Indians, 12:05: The Indians are falling like a rock. Anyone read the Plain Dealer Comment of the Day lately? Me either, but I have a feeling it was written on a bridge. What's the worst all-time winning pct for a manager with at least 3 years of games? Manny Acta's gonna be damn close isn't he? Brandon Morrow takes on Fausto!.
- Mets at Reds, 12:35: Rubs in Cincy. The Mets had five solo homers last night including the go ahead 9th inning shot from the most fun name to say in MLB, Rod Barajas. Today the Reds trot out Johnny Cueto a man who's flirted with 30 HR allowed in each of his first two seasons. Ma, get the Heinz. Tots-a-poppin.
- Orioles at Yankees, 1:05: The Yankees have the broom out illustrating a key difference between them and the Red Sox thus far in 2010. They can sweep baseball's worst team instead of being swept by them. That and defense win championships. David Hernandez takes on Zombie Undead Andy Petitte.
- Twins at Tigers, 1:10: Minnesota's got the dustpan and can really get an early handle on the AL Central. Detroit starter Rick Porcello's ERA is around 8, and it aint like he had one terrible early start and is climbing his way back. Dude has given up at least 5 runs in each of his last 3 starts. Kevin Slowey goes for Minnesota. He's 3-0 career against DET despite having a 6.20 ERA. LAUGHABLE.
- Rangers at A's, 3:35: First Place Texas (more on them later) could drop a half game back of Oakland if they lose the rubber match of this series today. Vlad Guerrero had a ding dong and 5 RBI in last night's loss. Colby Lewis makes the start for the Rangers fresh off a CG shutout against the Mariners. Trevor Cahill is on the mound for the A's who're 3-7 in their last ten.