David Wright's nine consecutive strikeouts made at least one Mets fan put his head into his hands.
- DO you want to read an article that opens with the line, "In the debate over whether there are baseball Gods, score one for the believers"? Right. So avoid this piece in the Wall Street Journal.
- WOULD you read an article headlined, "Whatever happened to playing baseball the right way" on Bleacher Report? Yep, go ahead, read the WSJ article instead.
- HOW funny is this Associated Press report about the Royals' struggles? It's pretty funny. "The Royals entered Tuesday with eight blown saves, worst in baseball, and a bullpen ERA of 5.02, second-worst in the AL," the article goes. "Making matters worse, Kansas City's starters actually have a higher ERA than the bullpen: 5.15." Oof.
- DID you want a pretty decent explanation of BABIP, FIP and the like? ESPN New York's Mark Simon wrote one! It's focused on the Mets, but don't let that scare you away.
- HAVE you been keeping an eye on walkoff walks in non-MLB baseball games? Well, I did some searching today, and the Arkansas Travelers beat the Tulsa Drillers in Texas League action on a walkoff walk in late April! Also, the Franklin Pierce softball team had a walkoff walk win this year, too!
Come back tomorrow for more hot posting action from yours truly.