Hey kids, you can't drink thick porridge if you want to keep your mustache clean
- DO you have any interest in Andre Dawson and Whitey Herzog's induction speeches this weekend at Cooperstown? Didn't think so.
- WHY didn't we make a big enough deal out of Bob Uecker's gallant return to the broadcast booth after recovering from heart surgery?
- WHO wants to donate a few sheckels so Walkoff Walk can buy an actual baseball team in auction?
- IS Portland a good baseball town? I'm quite surprised that the answer is (SPOILER AHEAD) no.
- MIGHT there exist a word to describe how excited we'd all be if Alex Rodriguez' 600th career home run makes it over the fence after it bounces off new Royals outfielder Jeff Francoeur's head this weekend?
That'll jusssssst about wrap up a quiet week here at Walkoff Walk. But fear not: I'm going on vacation again next week and have once again asked Dan McQuade to guest edit Walkoff Walk in my absence. He kindly agreed and plans to melt your face off with kitties on the field, poignant John Kruk anecdotes, and assorted drug references that I'd never get in the first place.
See you Monday, same WoW channel. Well, not me, I'll be somewhere way off the AT&T 3G maps.