- DID you really think we'd end the week without mentioning Tony LaRussa and Albert Pujols appearing at Glenn Beck's massive Tea Party rally on the National Mall? Don't believe Beck for a second when he calls this event 'apolitical', but maybe La Russa is just clueless.
- WILL Stephen Strasburg pen an online Tommy John recovery journal like Braves pitcher Kris Medlen has started? Hopefully not since Strassy will be too busy replacing Rob Dibble in the MASN booth next season.
- HAS noted anti-intellectual doofus Gregg Doyel actually write something thoughtful that I enjoyed? Yes!
- IS the Red Sox-Rays tilt that tips off tonight the biggest series of the weekend?
- OR does that honor go to the non-soccer series happening in Petco between the struggling Phillies and the soaring Padres?
That'll wrap up this week like a tidy string on a pretty paper package. By the way, the Rays claimed former Rockies OF Brad Hawpe, who is notable for this. Maybe before Monday we'll find out more about the Manny Ramirez waiver process that has been keeping us all inter...zzzzzz.
Happy Katrina anniversary, folks. See you next week, same WoW channel.