Hey kids, it's an angry world.
- ARE the earlier start times for this year's WS games a direct result of the syrupy pablum that Bob Costas and Ken Burns dribbled all over us earlier in the week? The "for the kids" argument always annoys me. If you don't let your son or daughter stay up an hour or two later than usual for the World Series once a year then you probably aren't much of a baseball fan to begin with.
- IS Omar Minaya going to get canned along with the definitely going to get canned Jerry Manuel? Jon Heyman says so, but that dude's a speculating speculum.
- CAN the Giants clinch tonight against San Diego, or will the Pads come storming back to sweep the weekend and save their season? Not likely from a team that blew a 7 game lead in about 3 weeks.
- DID you catch Will Carroll's farewell column at BP this week? There'd be no Creampuff without him (not that there's really a Creampuff anymore, but whatever) and even though I ripped him off he was still kind enough to write a column for us once and appear on Furious Five. So happy trails Will, in whatever your next endeavor may be.
- SINCE when do I know enough about the minor leagues to be a voter in the Bus Leagues Baseball Postseason Awards? Since they asked me!
- DID you read Drew's new column at The Score about those woebegone Padres? I KNEW YOU WHEN YOU WERE LLOYD!
- WERE you shut out of Matador 21 this weekend (like me)? Stream it here all weekend.
- WHERE to begin with this week's Cruise Planners News? The change in setting? Paul looks like he's on location at a factory that makes the plexiglass for hockey rinks. Is he drunk or just heavily medicated? A BODYBUILDING CRUISE??? All in favor of Rob planning his honeymoon through Paul say "Stock Soptions."
That's it for a relatively slow week around these parts. Monday we start running our 2010 Playoff Previews done by the WoW staff and a few very special guests. The postseason is coming, people. We'll have you covered in our special weirdo style. We love you like that. Same WoW channel.