Sometimes people write better than us. Each Tuesday and Thursday WoW gives you our favorite baseball links we've come across.
- Jonah Keri stirs up the Yankee lovers and haters in the baseballblogosphere with his defense of Jorge Posada's legacy (and then cedes to Jay Jaffe) in response to Rob Neyer's ideas about catcher of the decade. You're all wrong. The catcher of the aughts was absolutely the Three-Headed Molina Voltron. JonahKeri.com.
- Kevin Armstrong takes a jaunt down memory lane and features the great Boston sportswriter cabal from the 1970s. Imagine a Boston Globe roster starring Ray Fitzgerald, Leigh Montville, Peter Gammons, Will McDonough, Bob Ryan, Dan Shaughnessy, and John Powers and then go fill your bird's cage with today's edition. Sports Illustrated.
- Forget all this jibber-jabber about the McCutchens and Beckhams and Wieterses. The Marlins have an 18-year-old fella name Michael Stanton who is bashing up the FSL and who the Red Sox lusted after last year when they were trying to dump Manny. Icy-Hot Sensations.
- I'd like to continue to thank Curtis Granderson for breaking up Josh Beckett's no-hitter. Please read his latest blog where he takes the time to appreciate his opponent Luke Scott. Big League Stew: The Grandstand.
- Stacy Conradt provides us with all the neat trivia about Dodger Stadium in case one of us ever gets that phone call from Jeopardy and flown into Los Angeles to hobnob with Trebek and the gang. Did you know more folks buy wieners in Chavez Ravine than any other MLB park? mental_floss.
- Lazer cat is gonna git you. Cats Are Always Doing Shit.